• tayla166

What is landlord legal cover?

Legal cover is optional cover you can add to your landlord buildings and contents insurance.

Legal cover can aid in the recovery of rent arrears and provide legal support to defend a prosecution against you that arises from you letting your property.

It can even provide cover towards any accommodation costs whilst you are unable to get possession of your property and you wish to live there.

What’s included with legal cover?

Landlord legal cover will provide you with legal protection for the following events:

Property damage, nuisance and trespass - Cover for your property or contents if are damaged or affected by a public or private nuisance or trespass.

Repossession - Support with repossession of your property where there are legal grounds to do so.

Recovery of rent arrears - Help to recover any rent arrears if your tenant doesn’t pay.

Prosecution defence - Provide prosecution defence against any alleged offences you’re accused of as a landlord.

Accommodation costs - If you are unable to access your property to live in it yourself, contribution towards the cost of alternative accommodation.

What are my landlord legal requirements?

Landlord insurance has strict stipulations around complying with UK legislation as a landlord, such as the Housing Act and Fire Safety Order. For a list of responsibilities and information regarding UK legislation, please visit the government website.

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Extent of decline in UK home insurance claims

A study examined the decline in home insurance claims during the March 23 to May 31 coronavirus lockdown and found the following drop rates for the period, along with the corresponding ‘savings’ estim

Home Insurance and building works

Find out how making home improvements, building an extension and converting a loft or basement can affect your Home Insurance. Rather than moving, many people choose to improve their home, often to in

A Few ways you may be invalidating your insurance

Buying insurance means buying peace of mind. If anything unexpected happens to rock your finances or your family, you at least know that there’s a certain amount of protection in place to help you pic

Oncover Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).  Our FCA Register number is 306045. The FCA's register can be accessed through We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).  See their website for further information. Registered in England & Wales under Company no. 04036567. Registered address: 89c College Place London NW1 0DR.