• tayla166

Did you buy a lockdown hot tub or spent money on other equipment?

Even if you have not used lockdown to undertake a major project, it is still a good idea to reassess a home contents policy if you have spent money making a home more enjoyable during lockdown.

There have been spikes in sales of gaming equipment and electronics, while the closure of gyms means many more people invested in home exercise equipment and bikes.

With few people hoping to jet off to some sun, there has also been a boom in sales of garden equipment like trampolines, hot tubs and paddling pools.

Simon Stanney, general insurance director at SunLife, recommends homeowners take a moment to check they are covered for any new purchases under their contents policy.

“Insuring your home and its contents for the right amount is crucial to guarantee any claim you make will be paid in full,” he says.

“Because if you make a claim for a certain amount and your insurer discovers you’ve said your possessions are worth less than their true value – even if you have done this accidentally – you will receive less money or may not get a payout at all.

“So if you have bought a new bike, new garden furniture or upgraded your home tech, make sure you ask your insurer to confirm that your policy provides sufficient cover for your needs.”

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Extent of decline in UK home insurance claims

A study examined the decline in home insurance claims during the March 23 to May 31 coronavirus lockdown and found the following drop rates for the period, along with the corresponding ‘savings’ estim

Home Insurance and building works

Find out how making home improvements, building an extension and converting a loft or basement can affect your Home Insurance. Rather than moving, many people choose to improve their home, often to in

A Few ways you may be invalidating your insurance

Buying insurance means buying peace of mind. If anything unexpected happens to rock your finances or your family, you at least know that there’s a certain amount of protection in place to help you pic

Oncover Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).  Our FCA Register number is 306045. The FCA's register can be accessed through We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).  See their website for further information. Registered in England & Wales under Company no. 04036567. Registered address: 89c College Place London NW1 0DR.