Having the right office insurance cover is important and can potentially save you thousands of pounds in the event of a claim.
Comprehensive Office Insurance Coverage
Office Insurance is a package based insurance product that includes most of the relevant covers for anyone operating an office. Office Insurance is suitable for all non-manual type trades. It is not suitable for trades that have manual work away from the premises or working from home, so always ask when making an enquiry.
Employer’s liability insurance is required by law so this must be included in your office insurance policy. Public liability insurance, while not a legal requirement, is often recommended to prevent you from paying out potentially large sums of money should a member of the public have an accident while at your office.
You may also consider business interruption insurance that will protect your income if you cannot operate your business or use your office. Examples that may cause this are natural disasters and equipment failure. Another consideration is to insure against stock becoming lost, damaged or stolen, either in transit or while on your property. Regardless of your Office Insurance needs, we can help retain coverage that is right for your business.
Recommended Insurance Covers
- Employers’ Liability – claims arising from injury to employees
A legal requirement for employers who have employees working for them.
- Public Liability – accidental injury to members of the public at your premises or damage to their property
- Legal – defending your business against legal action that isn’t covered by your liability insurance; for example, in an employment tribunal
- Contents – physical damage to your fixtures and fittings, contents, computers and other business equipment
- Money Cover – following theft from your premises
- Business Interruption – loss of revenue as a result of a material damage claim
- Portable equipment – such as laptops, mobile phones and cameras
- Glass – replacement of internal or external glass at your premises following physical damage
- Buildings – (if you are responsible for insuring the building) ensures that your office building is covered for a number of risks, including fire, flooding and storm damage
- Theft by Employees – cover for loss of money or property belonging to you as a direct result of an act of fraud or dishonesty by an employee
- Computer Breakdown – cover for your equipment and damage to computer records
- Terrorism – cover for material damage and business interruption if your business is directly affected by terrorism
- Excess Protection – cover for your policy excess in the event of a claim
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Professional Indemnity – provides insurance to protect you from mistakes you make at work that result in a financial loss to your client after you have provided them with a service or advice
- Directors and Officers – covers the cost of compensation to a customer if a claim is made against one of your business directors or other staff (not if the claim is made against your organisation as a whole)
- Cyber Protection – if your business collects personal data this protects in the event of a breach of data protection laws or malicious data attacks
- Motor Legal Expenses and Courtesy Car – Oncover Insurance offers Motor Legal Expenses and Courtesy Car cover to all our clients