Care Home or Nursery Insurance

Whilst you care for your service users, the protection Care Home Insurance can provide against unforeseen incidents such as fire, flood or litigation following injury to a service user or employee is essential.

If you own or manage a Care Home you will require specialist insurance advice. In addition to typical business insurance cover, you will need additional protection for the particular risks of the care home industry. Issues such as increasing regulation mean it’s important to make sure you have specialist care insurance cover.

Care Home Insurance is a package of covers and includes cover for Contents, Money, Legal Expenses, Employers Liability and Public Liability as standard.

In addition, there are a range of optional covers for Buildings, Business Interruption, Loss of Registration, Goods in Transit, Book Debts, Terrorism, Malpractice and Personal Accident all designed to tailor the policy to your individual needs.

It’s not just property and contents including machinery and computer breakdown cover to think about, you need cover for possibilities such as the deterioration of food, medicines and drugs.

The types of insurance you might consider for your care home include:

  • Building and contents, including residents’ effects
  • Public Liability Insurance
  • Employers Liability Insurance
  • Resident’s Personal Liability
  • Treatment Risk
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Legal Expenses
  • Business Interruption
  • Abuse Cover
  • Inspection and Breakdown cover (for equipment such as lifts)
  • Personal Accident

We understand that every business, large or small, is different so we offer policy options which can be tailored to the needs of your company.

Covers Recommended

Employers’ liability – claims arising from injury to employees

It is a legal requirement to hold employers’ liability insurance if you have any employees working for you

Public liability – accidental injury to members of the public at your premises or damage to their property

Legal – defending your business against legal action where this isn’t covered by your liability insurance; for example, in an employment tribunal

Contents – physical damage to your fixtures and fittings, tenants improvements,  contents, computers and other business  equipment

Goods in Transit – loss of or damage to your goods while being carried in your vehicle(s) as part of your trading activities.

Money cover – following theft from your premises

Business interruption – loss of revenue as a result of a material damage claim

Portable equipment – such as Laptops, Mobile Phones and Cameras

Glass – replacement of internal or external glass at your premises following physical damage


Optional Extras

You also have the option to add a range of other covers to your policy:

Buildings – (if you are responsible for insuring the building) ensures that your office building is covered for a number of risks, including fire, flooding and storm damage

Theft by Employees – cover for loss of money or property belonging to you as a direct result of an act of fraud or dishonesty by an employee

Computer Breakdown – cover for your equipment and damage to computer records

Treatment Risks – provides cover in case you cause injury to a person you are or have applied a treatment to

Terrorism – cover for material damage and business interruption if your business is directly affected by terrorism

Excess Protection – cover for your policy excess in the event of a claim


You may also be interested in:

Professional Indemnity – provides insurance to protect you from mistakes you make at work that result in a financial loss to your client  after you have provided them with a service or advice

Directors and Officers – covers the cost of compensation to a customer if a claim is made against one of your business directors or other staff (not if the claim is made against your organisation as a whole)

Cyber Protection – if your business collects personal data you should consider protection in the event of a breach of data protection laws or malicious data attacks

Motor Legal Expenses and Courtesy Car – Oncover Insurance offers Motor Legal Expenses and Courtesy Car cover to all our clients

Call us Now
020 7691 2409
click here to email us Get a Quick Quote ▶