Restaurant Insurance

Specifically designed for restaurants, this insurance package includes business interruption, legal expenses and public and employers’ liability.  Oncover understands the challenges and rewards that owning a restaurant provides.  It’s a risky business to enter, with market challenges, health and safety requirements and in-house accidents that are part of the journey in the life of a restaurateur.

What kinds of things do you need to cover?  As well as the material contents, you have employees and customers to consider. Having many people in your premises means that accidents may occur so you need to be insured against accidents that may occur which are not their fault. Employer’s liability insurance is required by law so this must be included in your insurance policy. Public liability insurance is not a legal requirement but we recommend you have it to ensure that you do not have to pay out potentially large sums of money should a customer have an accident. You should also conceder Business interruption or goods which may be damaged or lost in transit.  These are just a few examples that are part of a more comprehensive list you can find below.

Main Features of Restaurant Policies

  • Public & Products Liability
  • Employers Liability
  • Buildings insurance (optional)
  • All Risks cover
  • Business Interruption
  • Money and book debts
  • Glass cover
  • Loss of Alcohol Licence
  • Stock (including wine & spirits)
  • Goods in Transit

Business Covers Recommended

  • Employers’ Liability – covers injury to employees and is required by law
  • Public Liability – covers accidental injury to members of the public
  • Product Liability –covers injury due to property damage resulting from business plans, equipment or manufacturers
  • Legal – covers the defence of your business against claims not covered by Liability Insurance
  • Contents – covers physical damage to possessions within an insured building
  • Stock – covers the replacement of stock at cost price
  • Goods in Transit – covers damage to goods while being transported in business vehicles
  • Money Cover – cover for theft that occurs on your premises
  • Business Interruption –covers loss of revenue as a result of material damage claim
  • Portable Equipment –covers laptops, mobile phones, cameras etc.
  • Glass – cover that replaces external or internal glass as a result of physical damage to your business

Optional Extras

  • Buildings –covers your office building for a range of risks, including fire, flooding and storm damage
  • Theft by Employees – covers any loss of money or property belonging to you as a result of employee fraud or stealing
  • Computer Breakdown– covers your equipment and damage to computer records
  • Terrorism –covers material damage and business interruption

You May Also Be Interested In:

  • Directors and Officers – covers the cost of compensation to a customer if a claim is made against one of your business directors or other staff (not if the claim is made against your organisation as a whole)
  • Cyber Protection – if your business collects personal data this protects in the event of a breach of data protection laws or malicious data attacks

Call us Now
020 7691 2409
click here to email us Get a Quick Quote ▶