Pub, Nightclub & Bar Insurance

Any business that serves alcohol to the public must protect itself against the risk of injuries or property damage. Secure your investment with a dedicated pub, nightclub and bar insurance policy.

Different types of pub, nightclubs and bars will have different insurance needs. It is very important that you get the correct insurance for your particular business.

The appropriate insurance cover is available whether you run a public house, a bar or a nightclub providing music, entertainment, dancing or serving food.

Having many people consuming alcohol in your premises means that accidents will occur so you need to be insured against accidents that may occur which are not their fault. Employer’s liability insurance is required by law so this must be included in your insurance policy. Public liability insurance is not a legal requirement but we definitely recommend you have it to ensure that you do not have to pay out potentially large sums of money should a customer have an accident.

A liquor licence is a necessity for operating a pub, bar or nightclub legally in the UK. Without your licence, you may have no option but to shut your doors temporarily or permanently. Protection of your liquor licence is an optional add-on that you should consider to include in your policy.

We understand that every business, large or small, is different so we offer policy options which can be tailored to the needs of your company.

Covers Recommended

Employers’ Liability – claims arising from injury to employees

It is a legal requirement to hold employers’ liability insurance if you have any employees working for you

Public Liability – accidental injury to members of the public at your premises or damage to their property

Product Liability – injury property damage caused by a faulty product that your business designs, manufactures or supplies

Legal – defending your business against legal action where this isn’t covered by your liability insurance; for example, in an employment tribunal

Contents – physical damage to your fixtures and fittings, tenants improvements,  contents, computers and other business  equipment

Stock – the cost of replacing your stock (at cost price) if it is damaged or stolen

Frozen Food Cover – the cost of replacing your frozen stock (at cost price) if it is damaged (due to a change in temperature beyond your control) or stole

Goods in Transit – loss of or damage to your goods while being carried in your vehicle(s) as part of your trading activities.

Money Cover – following theft from your premises

Business Interruption – loss of revenue as a result of a material damage claim

Loss of Licence – cover the depreciation in the value of your business or premises resulting from non-renewal or withdrawal of your license, as a result of causes beyond your control.

Portable Equipment – such as Laptops, Mobile Phones and Cameras

Glass – replacement of internal or external glass at your premises following physical damage

Optional Extras

You also have the option to add a range of other covers to your policy:

Buildings – (if you are responsible for insuring the building) ensures that your office building is covered for a number of risks, including fire, flooding and storm damage

Theft by Employees – cover for loss of money or property belonging to you as a direct result of an act of fraud or dishonesty by an employee

Computer Breakdown – cover for your equipment and damage to computer records

Terrorism – cover for material damage and business interruption if your business is directly affected by terrorism

Excess Protection – cover for your policy excess in the event of a claim

You may also be interested in:

Directors and Officers – covers the cost of compensation to a customer if a claim is made against one of your business directors or other staff (not if the claim is made against your organisation as a whole)

Cyber Protection – if your business collects personal data you should consider protection in the event of a breach of data protection laws or malicious data attacks

Motor Legal Expenses and Courtesy Car – Oncover Insurance offers Motor Legal Expenses and Courtesy Car cover to all our clients



Call us Now
020 7691 2409
click here to email us Get a Quick Quote ▶