How To Cut The Cost of Your Household Insurance.

March 23, 2020 1:03 pm

What do you need? Home insurance comes in two parts: buildings insurance and contents insurance. Buildings insurance, as the name suggests, covers the building itself. It is there to help out if there is some serious structural damage to the property. If you are the freeholder, then you will need this, but if you are only the leaseholder of your property then you don’t need to worry about buildings insurance. Contents insurance covers the contents of your home, and is an essential bit of cover for everyone. Insuring The Right Amount. One of the most obvious ways to cut the...

Insurance pay outs to help customers recover from Storms Ciara and Dennis set to top £360m

March 9, 2020 1:02 pm

Insurers expect to make payments to customers hit by the recent Storms Ciara and Dennis of over £360 million according to initial estimates out today from the Association of British Insurers (ABI). Insurers made initial emergency payments of over £7.7 million to help flooded homeowners and businesses in the immediate aftermath of the flooding and wind damage, with repairs to many properties now under way. They have also arranged and paid for emergency temporary alternative accommodation for families whose homes are uninhabitable. Initial ABI estimates show payouts from Storms Ciara and Dennis that struck in quick succession: Total payments to...